All of this stuff has taken a back burner since just before Easter when we found out my father has stage 4 lung cancer. That was about 4 months ago and he's quickly deteriorated. He has gotten so weak. It breaks my heart to see him like this. He is living in an assisted-living facility here in the town where I live and I go see him every day. I sit with him while my step-mother goes to down to lunch. Today he told me that he is not eating because he is trying to starve himself to death. We all thought he just had no appetite because of the medication. He is so depressed. This is so hard. I'm trying to do everything I can, but there is really nothing I can do.
I miss R so much with all this going on. For all his faults he was always very supportive in a crisis. It's so important to have that one person who is there just for you at all times. I miss him so much.
Friday, July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment